Norton Conyers, house and garden, have belonged to the Grahams since 1624. Recent excavations have revealed that parts of the house are Anglo-Saxon. The house’s exterior has distinctive Dutch-style gables; its interior contains fine 18th century plaster ceilings in the principal rooms. The garden is five minutes' walk from the house. Laid out in the mid 18th century, it retains the essentials of its original design, together with sympathetic replanting in the English style.
Winner of The Historic Houses Association & Sotheby’s Restoration Award 2014
< Download Sotheby's press release in PDF formatA SOTHEBY'S RESTORATION AWARD PR 2014.pdf
Garden usually open Mondays and Thursdays throughout the year.
The House will be open this year; see Opening Times page
More details here >
NEW FOR 2017
EXHIBITION IN GARDEN OF VINTAGE GARDEN TOOLS